Listen live to Rob Ford's radio show on CFRB at 1 pm to hear the much anticipated announcement he will make surrounding the recent disclosure by Toronto's Police Chief of the existence of an elusive video containing the mayor.
Click here to hear the show at 1 pm today.
- Ford calls on police Chief Bill Blair to release video so Torontonians can judge for themselves.
-Ford admits "I am not perfect" "I have made mistakes." Ford apologizes to City, family and Council colleagues and says he wants to move forward.
- Ford will "continue fighting for the little guy, fighting for the taxpayers."
-"There is no one to blame but myself and I take full responsibility for it"
- "Will continue" with his job
- pleads with media to stay away from his home and cease harassing his young family
- commits to exploring privatization of garbage pick-up east of Yonge St.
- His new musical theme is The Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive"
- Will try to get 10% reduction in Land Transfer Tax
- wants to implement coordinated Traffic Light system and storm water system
- "I am obsessed with customer service"
- "we are going to keep taxes as low as possible"
- Ford pledges to definitely run for reelection in 2014
- Says he supports public housing, but it should not be built at the Waterfront where property value is so high.
-Rob Ford says the cost of living increase for the highest paid City employees is too high. Doug Ford says all city employees should get raises if they meet targets.
-Doug Ford calls David Suzuki one of the best entrepreneurs and businessmen he knows of. Rob accuses Doug of being sarcastic. Doug denies it, but it the irony, if not the sarcasm is pretty clear.
- Rob says he "shouldn't have gotten hammered on the Danforth." Commits to less public drinking.
- The Ford brothers are upset after a caller refers to Doug as Ford's enabler. Both assert that Doug has been consistently tough on Rob over his behavior.
- A caller asks Ford to specify for what he is apologizing. Ford describes "mistakes" and mentions incidents involving public drinking. Makes no mention of issues related to video.
- Ford says he will not stop but will moderate his drinking.
- Ford says that when it comes to fiscal policy, he's the best mayor that Toronto's ever had.
- Rob Ford: "I know a lot of things about a lot of politicians, but I'm not a rat"