Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Monday, May 23, 2011

It's O.K. to be Takei!

Tennessee has a proposed Bill that would make it illegal to talk about homosexuality or say "Gay" in that context in the classroom

So the original and greatest Mr. Sulu, George Takei, is lending his name to the cause to fight this silly bias. Instead of saying "Gay" in Tennessee, they can substitute it by saying "Takei" as in, "I support Takei marriage" or "I'm going to City Hall on Tuesday to oppose funding for the Takei Pride Festival if they allow participation by the odious Queers Against Israeli Apartheid"

I met George Takei at a Star Trek convention when I was a geeky 14 year old (yes, the only thing that's changed is that I'm not 14 any more). He was incredibly nice, friendly and took a lot of time to talk and make this awkward (then) kid feel appreciated, so I remain a big fan and as far as I'm concerned, it not only OK, it's great to be Takei!

And there's a whole line of "It's OK to be Takei" products that you can buy from George's website. I guess the rhyming is good, but I think I like the sound of "Sulu pride" better.




h/t rabble.ca

No comments: