Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Sunday, March 1, 2015

A funny story about a Leonard Nimoy close encounter in Toronto


"...Hi Mr. Nimoy” I said.  “Thanks so much for coming to Toronto.”

“I’m glad to be here” Leonard Nimoy said to me.

“Yeah” I said, looking at him.

And then that’s when it got a bit surreal.  I was looking at Leonard Nimoy, and he was looking at me.  I was talking to him, and that distinct voice of his was answering me.  Suddenly I sort of blanked out and I thought back to that old Mego Mr. Spock doll I had as a kid, and wondering whatever happened to it.  I then became aware that all the eyes in the room was on me.  A camera from Space: The Imagination Station was pointed at me and, most of all, Leonard Nimoy was staring at me and waiting for my question.

Well I had a question for Leonard Nimoy in mind but, to this day, I don’t remember what it was.  I do know whatever it was, it wasn’t about whales.  But instead of what I was going to ask I decided to ask the question that I knew all of us REALLY wanted to ask.

“Well Mr. Nimoy,” I said meekly, “I was on the computer and I found a video of you on a beach singing about The Hobbit surrounded by go-go dancers in Spock ears.”

“Did you now?”  Leonard Nimoy said with a smirk.

“Yes I did,” I said, “Well….what the fuck Mr. Nimoy? What the fuck?”"...

More HERE  



See also, Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin's tribute to Leonard Nimoy

No comments: