Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Friday, July 14, 2017

"I’m through wasting my time on people who are more interested in ideas than feelings"

The problem with this woman is she made the classic mistake of not aborting her children once she found out that they were males. Now she's stuck with two misogynist children.
The proof of their misogyny being that they refuse to admit that their non-violence towards women only helps to enable rape culture, because they think it gives them deniability in being part of the rape culture problem.
Or, as an alternative explanation, the woman who wrote this is out of her fucking mind:

...if it’s impossible for a white person to grow up without adopting racist ideas, simply because of the environment in which they live, how can I expect men not to subconsciously absorb at least some degree of sexism? White people aren’t safe, and men aren’t safe, no matter how much I’d like to assure myself that these things aren’t true.

My sons won’t rape unconscious women behind a dumpster, and neither will most of the progressive men I know. But what all of these men share in common, even my sons, is a relentless questioning and disbelief of the female experience. I do not want to prove my pain, or provide enough evidence to convince anyone that my trauma is merited. I’m through wasting my time on people who are more interested in ideas than feelings, and I’m through pretending these people, these men, are safe.

I love my sons, and I love some individual men. It pains me to say that I don’t feel emotionally safe with them, and perhaps never have with a man, but it needs to be said because far too often we are afraid to say it. This is not a reflection of something broken or damaged in me; it is a reflection of the systems we build and our boys absorb. Those little boys grow into men who know the value of women, the value that’s been ascribed to us by a broken system, and it seeps out from them in a million tiny, toxic ways...


No comments: