Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Politically correct Newfies offended by John Crosbie's suicide bomber joke

According to The National Post, former Mulroney Cabinet Minister John Crosbie cracked a joke that has angered Newfoundland's Premier and a local Pakistani group's leader

          Crosbie was at the cabinet swearing-in ceremony last Friday when he quipped:
This fellow said, ‘I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, social security, retirement funds, etc., I called a suicide hotline and got a call centre in Pakistan. When I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.’
I thought it was pretty funny. Is Mary Walsh the beginning of a trend of humourless Newfoundlanders?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As El Rushbo says, humor is founded in truth.
That is one funny observation.
Heltau