Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Christopher Hitchens diagnosed with cancer

The Huffington Post reports that Christopher Hitchens was recently diagnosed with esophageal cancer.

Hitchens cancelled an appearance in Toronto earlier this month during a book tour for his memoir Hitch-22.

In a statement, Hitchens said:
"I have been advised by my physician that I must undergo a course of chemotherapy on my esophagus. This advice seems persuasive to me. I regret having had to cancel so many engagements at such short notice."
Hitchens made the journey from Trotskyite to advocate of democratic rights and freedom and incurred the enmity of radicals such as George Galloway and Norman Finklestein along the way.

Let us hope he has a full and speedy recovery.






Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54613395@N00/404073505/

No comments: